Thursday, March 28, 2013

Getting ready to slam my x landlord in court

Wow where to start! I lived in a house for 5 years! Rented no less.. always paid on time no problems till the landlord refused to make repairs! One day I opened my water bill and it was $900 and my gas was $500 Holy Shit! It took him 2 weeks to come see what was going on, and only because I had the city shit the water off at the main! Well a hot water pipe burst under the house and I hired a inspector to examine the house.... Major electrical issue besides the busted pipe! The inspector said get out this house could catch fire any moment... I called renters insurance to cover and got smoke alarms. I had no choice but to stay I could not afford to move or break my lease. I waited for 1 year then finally I decided to google my tenant rights in Texas. I found many ways to handle this guy so I did just that. I sent a repair request certified mail and a copy of the inspection to the landlord. 1 WEEK later I was given a 30 days via email to get out! Haha big mistake in Texas that is considered retaliation. So I started packing my things looking for a new house and file in Court! I got a court date a few days ago and have documents from 2008 when I started paying rent. I have receipts for a stove I purchased because he would not repair the one that was provided under the lease, inspection, city code enforcement  etc etc etc the list goes on for days! Moral to this story keep every receipt for everything you purchase be informed about the laws and your rights cause I never thought I would be dealing with this but I am and I am ready! Im asking $5,000 for damages moving cost etc and I can promise you this is so solid I will be handed a check that day if not I will request a lean be placed on the landlord cause after he served me my 30 day I called the city and they came out fined him thousands and out a hold on the property for sale and rent until it is up to code! Sorry Mr. Shitty Landlord you thought you could save money kick my children and I out on the streets, turn around and rent to someone that didnt know the hidden dangers  behind the walls and get away with it! NO GO... I made sure you dont do this to anyone else JUSTICE


Keep up with my blog so I can let you know what happens Court date is 5-8-13 3pm


No comments:

Post a Comment