Monday, March 18, 2013

Adoption

Here we go this is my very first blog ever... I'm almost 30 years old with three boys. I own a hair salon in Dallas and I want to reach out to anyone that will listen. I was adopted at 3 days old private adoption in 1984. Nancy and Wayne Moore were the lucky ones that picked my crazy ass... I was the only child and it took 1 full year to finalized the adoption. They were so terrified that my birth mother would show up and change her mind in that year they even picked me up from the hospital in my God fathers FBI marked car so if anyone was following they would back off ... Seriously they were paranoid. I was spoiled rotten had a amazing life no complaints. I was always told from day one I was adopted no secret and I think that's the #1 way to go. My earliest memory was on the play ground and I was bragging about being adopted and a mean kid said ha ha your parents didn't want you! They gave you away! i remember crying so hard and being devastated. i went home that night and told my mother, she looked at me and said Holly "you were chosen!" We picked up out of thousands of children, that kid that said that was born and his parents had no choice! his parents were stuck with him! Ha ha I honestly felt so much pride at that moment like I was beyond special. That's how awesome my parents were and from that day on my adoption was who I was. Everyone knew it was the first thing out of mouth... Hello I'm Holly and I'm adopted! PRIDE! Everything you go through in life good or bad makes you who you are, be proud. I'm a firm believer in being open honest and people either accept it or they don't. I grew up made big mistakes even though i was spoiled my parents taught me right from wrong and made me figure out how to repair my own mistakes. I was 2 weeks into my driver license and hit a car with a older couple the woman had a heart attack and was hauled off in a ambulance! I felt horrible called my dad and he flipped out, the cops were laughing cause I didn't even have my hard license yet, just the paper! So my dad made me get my 1st job waiting tables and I did. Every night after work I had to give him 100% of my tips till I could pay for the repairs to my car. I drove around with one eyed willy for 6 months, but it taught me alot about life! I love those people more than myself! I'm bawling now, but that's next...... years go by I have a child at 18 get married and divorced. I meet a great guy and he loves my child like he is his own. We have a boy together and one day I got a phone call from a woman named Brandy. She flat out asks are you adopted? my heart sank who are you and how do you know this? She says I have reason to believe your my neighbors birth daughter! I sat there in complete disbelief not sure what to say or how to act. My body was shaking and my mind was racing. I answered her yes I am. All I know is that I was private adoption in Mesquite Texas and I was a emergency c-section that's it! She asked did your birth parents buy your birth mother a car? I said not that I know of... Step backwards my whole life my curiosity was insane I always bugged my parents about details cause one day I needed to know where I came from. So at 14 I decided to sign up for a website adoption.com and you filled out a profile. This woman Brandy found it 9 years later and hunted me down! Brandy asked about a two toned brown Pontiac left in a parking lot off town east blvd at service merchandise in mesquite Texas! I had never heard that story so my guard came up and said no I think you have the wrong person! she asked if I could ask my birth mother and I said yeah she is right here hold on! I looked at Nancy my mother and asked, her faced turned white and she said who the hell are you talking to? We both sat in silence I said this woman says she knows my birth mother! My mom took off to her room crying and slammed the door. I told Brandy I would call her back soon. I hung up the phone sat there not sure if I should go after my mom and press the issue or wait. My mind was all over the place. Part of me felt like i was disappointing the mother that wanted me, the mother that loved me, took me everywhere, put up with my drama, hugged me every night no matter how bad i was, then the other part needed to know. I wanted to know where I came from, why, who I look like, did I have brothers and sisters? About that time my mom walked out with tears pouring down her face and said are you sure you want to open Pandora's box? I said yes I think I am. She said well yes we bought her a old brown two toned brown Pontiac left it in the parking lot off town east, with $1,500 cash in the glove box! Holy shit I jumped up and down excited this is the moment I waited for my entire life! I was about to find out my history etc. I jumped on the phone called Brandy back and said YES YES YES I'm her birth daughter! She said OK great let me call me and let her know and I will call you back. I sat there and bawled called all my life long friends that knew I was adopted and told them get over here I need someone to help me through this! Hours went by and my phone didn't ring, but my friends showed up one by one. They were hugging me and we were talking about what could happen next! Role playing what the current situation could be and why I was given up for adoption. I then called the number back and Brandy answered I asked her well whats going on? She said your birth mother is too scared to call I gave her your number, but she doesn't know what to say to you. I told Brandy I have waited my entire life to know so give me her number and I will call. I picked up the phone dialed the number with a complete audience of friends on speaker! a woman answered and said Hello I said Hello? The second I heard her voice I melted we were both crying for over 5 minutes, neither one of us could say a complete word just tears, heavy breathing and fin ally she said I'm sorry! Im so sorry please don't hate me please! My first reaction was WHAT? Why would I hate you, she said cause I gave you away! I told her I had a amazing life went skiing at 4, Camen Islands at 2 only child spoiled rotten my life was perfect! Don't be sorry you did the right thing! I have never had hate towards you only love and understanding after having my own children I know how hard it is. She told me about my sisters one older and one younger she kept them both but gave me up!


OK enough for tonight... Will post more tomorrow. Please remember this is my first blog don't have a clue what I'm doing just simply sharing my story to those who are willing to listen.

2 comments:

  1. I love your story! I was adopted at 8 months and my birth mom took me away from my parents for 3 weeks but finally made the right decision and gave me to the best parents ever. My parents also told me I was adopted from day one and I think that's the best way to go too. I have never met my birth mom but have wanted to just to see what she looks like and to know my history. With my mom it's a little hard b/c I think my mom feels like I'm trying to replace her which I'm not I just want to know about my history and her story. I have nothing but love for my birth mom even though I've never met her because even though she wanted to keep me and it was hard for her she made the right decision and gave me a great life and future. I'm glad to hear your story and that there's other people that are just as proud to be adopted as I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome and I can relate with you on so many levels. I know me meeting my birth mother affected my mom that raised me and it killed me inside, but I had to know and my mom was supportive and wanted me to know too. Thank you for reading my story and Im glad you can relate

      Delete