Wednesday, April 3, 2013

One comment can change a persons life!

So I woke up this morning walked my 7 year old into class with his hermit crab, hugged him and took off to run my birth mother and nieces around town to switch schools. Long story full of drama not required. Anywhoo get to work and fill lashes doing my thing.. I had two famous bloggers in for there regularly scheduled appointments Skinny Meg and Mama Laughlin...

Oh how do I count the ways I love Mama Laughlin she is a true inspiration in every way. She sets goals and she sees them through no matter how hard she never gives up. I think we are alike in that  aspect and I think thats why we Gel so well. She has single handed tripled my business,  my Instagram account and my life! I was in a horrific car accident broke my face and UN able to work or pay bills. I honestly thought that was it I had to sell the salon and get a 9-5 job.
Brandi (AKA Mama Laughlin) wasn't having that shit happen so she blogged about me and before I knew it I was overwhelmed with Get well cards, positive thoughts, prayers and money! Her and her followers saved my family my business and my hope. I'm emotional right now.. no words can begin to express my gratitude towards each and every person involved. The money saved me financially and filled my bills, but the words of encouragement filled my heart and soul on overload. Check her out at www.mamalaughlin.com

Skinny Meg was telling me about how some women commented on her daughters weight! The sweet baby girl Madison is only a child not sure her exact age but its 5-6, who does that! Girls already have self image issues growing up why in the world would some stranger be so negative and hateful? You know why, because there lives suck so bad they have nothing better to do than to get on the internet and bash others even innocent children! Who ever you are Karma is real and she is not nice. Be prepared. I felt for her and it made me sad that there are people around like this.

Words cant be taken back so think long and hard before you allow them to so freely exist your mouth. I was on a low after that discussion trying to wrap my head around it and then


I view my Facebook and I read the following

You are a beautiful and talented woman who's life experiences make great knowledge just seep out of you. You are a true gift to people!

Tears.. Wow I was amazed that she thought of me this way. Then I asked her where did that come from? Her response was...Just reading your feeds as they come through. I see that life isn't always and hasn't been easy for you yet you are still always so positive. You continue to thank God and to trust that he always has a better plan. Your struggles seem to make you a better and stronger person. These days honest and good people are so rare, so many people try to portray this good image on FB but are completely different person and you are just so real. You bust your ass for your family and when a tough day comes your way, you still say you are blessed! Sometimes people deserve to be told "I see you, I hear you, and I care."

Im so glad that my struggles in life are not in vain! Im glad that God has made me a very open, honest person that is willing to share my life story with anyone willing to listen because that comment right there made all the bad have a purpose. I grow and I build from these hardships in life and that true. If it was not for people like her to support me and notice me I would not have such a positive attitude.

Today was a great day for the simple fact Im alive and I have my family. The lesson I have learned today is to find the good in every person big or small and let them know you see and appreciate them. Be kind to others don't judge, its worth its weight in gold.

5 comments:

  1. I'm dropping by to say that your blog is amazing so far! It's amazing the attitude you have after eveything you've been through. I cant wait to see your next posts! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly! You are such an inspiration as a woman! I dont know you but I can absolutely tell that you are a beautiful person inside and out! Im loving your blog! I follow you on instagram too. Keep up your awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly!
    I've enjoyed reading your posts! I can only agree with what others have said, your positive attitude and outlook on life are very inspiring and contagious! I strive to be more like that and realize what truly matters in life. You're a prime example of a woman who sees the glass as half full! Hell, you see the glass as running over when many people see it as bone dry! What amazing quality to have.

    And let's not forget about your insane talent behind the chair! If I'm ever in Dallas, you are on my "must see" list! Between Megan's lashes and Brandi's color.. I die! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsay for being so nice and positive yourself. I really appreciate you and if you make it to dallas give me a call. I would love to do your hair or lashes lol

      Delete